Application fee processing times (working days)
• cheques -- up to 8 days
• card payments -- 3 days
• online payments -- immediate
1. You receive a sponsor reference number from your sponsor organisation.
2. Send application, supporting documents and payment to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
3. Your application fee is processed. Additional details may be requested if needed.
UKVI will decide straightforward applications within 8 weeks.
4. You will get an appointment to give your finger prints and photograph (known as biometric details).
You must give your biometric details within 17 days of getting your biometric enrolment letter.
5. You give UKVI your biometric details.
6. UKVI considers your application, including:
• evidence you can support yourself financially
• knowledge of English if applicable
• education certificates
7. UKVI may ask for more information from you.
8. Send your extra information to UKVI.
9. UKVI send you its decision.
10. If your application is successful, UKVI sends you your biometric residence permit BRP.
Your BRP is produced and delivered within 10 days