Our new international students at St Lawrence have all settled in to the College community and are enjoying both their academic studies

Администратор, Профессионал

г. Москва

6 Ноября 2019, 13:55 | # 85392

Dear Colleague Moxina Elena Aleksandrovna, Ozerin Igor Vasilievich & Ozerin Eduard Vasilievich 

I hope that the new academic year has started well for you and that enquiries for next year are starting to come through. Our new international students at St Lawrence have all settled in to the College community and are enjoying both their academic studies and the wide range of sport, musical and drama opportunities on offer. 

I arrived at St Lawrence College just over a year ago as Registrar replacing Simon Heard. This year I have now taken on a new role as Director of International Admissions and have been busy travelling meeting agents. I am writing to advise you of the launch of our International Study Centre at St Lawrence in September 2020. We will be offering a one year pre A Level course with intensive English support to enable international pupils aged 15 to come to St Lawrence in advance of starting their A Level studies. I have attached our ISC Prospectus giving full details of the course. I would be delighted to help with any enquiries that you might have for pupils considering a move to the UK at this stage in their education and are keen to join a long established school with a strong international tradition. The students will be fully integrated within our boarding community and take part in our extensive co-curricular programme. 

Having lived for eight years in an international boarding house and with experience of supporting international pupils in four leading independent schools, I am very aware of the challenges that they can face. At St Lawrence, we have a dedicated team of teachers, which together with small classes, provide our pupils with the individual attention that international pupils need to thrive and succeed. We pride ourselves on the fact that we can stretch and challenge pupils of all abilities and have a well-deserved reputation for bringing out the best in our students and producing confident, compassionate and capable adults.  The caring nature of the College and Christian ethos means we place great emphasis on good manners and respect. With a great balance of boarding and day pupils, boys and girls, and a diverse range of over 25 nationalities, St Lawrence provides a wonderful, inclusive community in which to grow and learn. Our induction programme is very comprehensive and helps the pupils settle if they are new. 

The school has superb sporting facilities, with wonderful playing fields, a swimming pool and a sports complex with many tennis courts including a climbing wall, a state-of-the-art fitness centre and dance studio. Another recent addition to the college is our stunning 500 seat Theatre (plus classrooms and conference room), providing an inspiring home to our already vibrant Dramatic Arts and Music departments.  We have also just completed construction of a brand new Science, DT and Art building. Our boarding accommodation is all en-suite and amongst the best in the country. 

All this is situated in a safe and secure campus, in 19 hectares of stunning grounds, while also being ideally located 40 minutes from the Eurostar Terminal at Ashford, only 75 minutes away from London on the new high speed rail link from St Pancras and less than two hours away from Gatwick and Heathrow airports.   

I hope that you find the attached details helpful and I look forward to supporting you with any enquiries that you might receive. 

Please do contact me if I can offer any further guidance about the ISC or St Lawrence. I look forward to working with you and supporting you with enquiries from families seeking a place to study in the UK next academic year. 

Regards 

David 

Dr David Smith

Director of International Recruitment

St Lawrence College

M: 07714 254269

E: [email protected]

www.slcuk.com

Администратор, Профессионал

г. Москва

7 Декабря 2021, 20:38 | # 97307
Новость

Крайний срок для UK REACH будет продлен

Правительство проконсультируется о сроках действия REACH в Великобритании

Defra взяла на себя обязательство изучить альтернативные механизмы для переходных регистраций REACH в Великобритании сегодня, чтобы поддержать химические предприятия, соблюдая при этом самые высокие стандарты для защиты здоровья населения и окружающей среды.

Великобритания придерживается надежной системы регулирования по контролю за химическими веществами, которая обеспечивает высокий уровень защиты окружающей среды в Великобритании, подкрепленный Законом об окружающей среде. UK REACH - это правительственный инструмент регулирования для достижения этой цели, гарантирующий, что компании, поставляющие химические вещества на рынок, понимают и управляют рисками, которые они могут представлять.

Эта регулирующая система действует с тех пор, как Великобритания вышла из Европейского Союза, и химические предприятия, работающие в Великобритании, должны были уже предоставить первоначальную информацию в соответствии с переходными положениями Великобритании REACH.

Хотя эта первоначальная информация уже была предоставлена, правительство проведет консультации по вопросу о продлении сроков предоставления полных регистрационных данных. Наряду с этим правительство будет взаимодействовать с промышленностью и другими заинтересованными сторонами, чтобы изучить, есть ли возможности уменьшить потребность промышленности в копировании существующих данных REACH ЕС, уделяя больше внимания пониманию того, как химические вещества используются в Великобритании.

Это участие не поставит под угрозу нашу исключительную репутацию в области соблюдения нормативных требований и экологических стандартов. Консультации пройдут в 2022 году, и более подробная информация будет представлена после обсуждения с заинтересованными сторонами.

Представитель Defra сказал:

Теперь, когда мы покинули ЕС, мы можем пересмотреть наше законодательство, чтобы увидеть, можем ли мы добиться более эффективных и результативных результатов как для окружающей среды, так и для бизнеса.

Мы продолжим работать в тесном контакте с промышленностью и другими заинтересованными сторонами, чтобы понять их проблемы и обсудить, как их можно решить, обеспечивая при этом высокий уровень защиты здоровья человека и окружающей среды.

Опубликовано 6 декабря 2021 г.
Добавить сообщение

Визы в UK на 10 лет! Нам 10 лет — откроем британскую визу на 10 лет за 10000 рублей

Подать заявку

Бесплатные консультации https://t.me/wikivisa_chat

Закрыть