Terms & Conditions
For the following cases to be applicable, proof must be provided by the student indicating an incapacity to travel linked to the virus (Medical proof, flight cancellation):
- If a student is found to have contracted the virus, he/she will be allowed to either cancel or postpone their course with us (subject to classroom and accommodation availability)
- Full refund on tuition fees (applicable to all schools in the UK & France)
- 50% of my.eurocentres fees will be refunded
- Full refund on Exam fees ( If applicable)
- Full refund on accommodation if notified one week before the intended date of arrival in the destination country i.e one week before the day the student intended to move into the accommodation
Please note: The accommodation placement fee will NOT be refunded for partner schools
Here is some additional information provided by EnglishUK regarding the matter:
Coronavirus and ELT Centres
Member centres sometimes feel they are on the frontline when new viruses emerge in different parts of the world and students are flying in from many different regions.
English UK has received reassurance from the Tourism Industry Emergency Response Group (TIER) that the risk to the UK population is assessed as low.
While direct flights from Wuhan in China, where the new coronavirus originated, have now been halted, precautionary measures may be added to incoming flights from other Chinese cities if necessary. Leaflets and information will be available at all UK airports advising travellers from China on what they should do if they feel ill.
Should ELT centres be taking any action on coronavirus?
It's a good idea to check for updates on government websites about the outbreak:
· Public health information about the virus
· Public Health England
· Travel advice for China
The symptoms of coronavirus are similar to many colds and flu which circulate at this time of year. If you are concerned about a student's health, consider the following:
· Does the student present any associated symptoms, particularly respiratory symptoms?
· Have they travelled recently to the UK from China or other parts of Asia?
· More specifically, have they travelled from Wuhan within the last 14 days?
If you have any concerns, dial 111 immediately and explain the symptoms and the student's travel history.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any question or need.
56 Eccleston Square
London, Lnd SW1V 1PH